• Tue. May 19th, 2026

Blink News Network

Fast News in a Blink

Trump says delaying Iran attack at request of Gulf leaders

Byadmin

May 19, 2026

US President Donald Trump announced that he has postponed a planned military strike on Iran after Gulf leaders urged Washington to give diplomacy more time amid ongoing negotiations with Tehran.

Trump said leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates requested the delay as “serious negotiations” continue over Iran’s nuclear program and regional tensions. The US president confirmed the strike had been scheduled for Tuesday but was placed on hold to allow diplomatic efforts to proceed.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump stressed that any future agreement must ensure Iran does not obtain nuclear weapons. He also warned that the US military remains prepared for a “full, large-scale assault” if negotiations fail to produce an acceptable deal.

The announcement triggered immediate reactions across global markets, with oil prices easing and investors closely monitoring developments in the Middle East. Analysts said the delay reduced fears of an immediate escalation in the region, although uncertainty remains high.

Iranian officials responded cautiously, insisting that dialogue would not come at the expense of national sovereignty. Tehran has maintained that negotiations must respect Iran’s rights while international pressure over its nuclear activities continues to intensify.

Regional leaders have intensified diplomatic engagement in recent days amid concerns that further military escalation could destabilize Gulf energy supplies and disrupt global trade routes, including the Strait of Hormuz.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *